Origin Eight is seeking to fill our Business Development position with an enthusiastic, career-minded individual who wants to learn, grow and be part of a high-caliber team of web development & design experts working on large, complex projects with good management, best practices, high-quality tools, as well as smart, fun, considerate and collaborative people.
Your duties will center around engaging with clients and building meaningful, strategic, long-term business relationships. This position is responsible for coordinating, enhancing and executing comprehensive business development efforts with primary focus on positioning the company to succeed in its industry. This position works closely with the leadership team to ensure clear alignment of business development objectives, sales growth strategy, and analysis of performance.
- Write strategic and developed responses to requests for proposals in order to win new business for the company.
- Prepare proposals and pitch materials for new business opportunities.
- Coordinate estimates with design and development team.
- Work with account team to close new sales opportunities within existing accounts.
- Engage with clients and build meaningful and strategic business partnerships.
- Conduct outreach campaigns to land the company new leads and projects.
- Utilize marketing automation and customer relationship management software to further enhance prospecting strategies.
- Assist marketing personnel with social media content to keep followers appraised of recent company news.
- Schedule and participate in client-facing pitches and calls with prospective clients to increase sales pipeline.
- Participate in the implementation of sales growth strategy.
- Support team with internal and external copywriting to help market our services to prospective clients.
- Perform market research on various industries and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing new business relationships.
- Create long-term value for the organization from clients and other strategic relationships.
- Built strategic relationships and alliances with other companies.
- Professional Knowledge – Established experience in any of the following is desirable: digital and traditional marketing techniques, sales, accounts & client services, project management, business development.
- Education – Ideally a Bachelors Degree in a related field (not required if the above Professional Knowledge requirement is met).
- Specialized Knowledge – Industry knowledge in web development preferred. Knowledge in Drupal, WordPress and/or other CMS solutions is especially valuable.
- Skills – Ability to think and act creatively, strategically and tactically. Experience with some sort of copywriting is a plus. Above average desktop computer skills with experience in Google Docs & Spreadsheets, presentation software, and the like.
- Abilities - Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, experience dealing with multiple and diverse stakeholders, and interacting with business and technology partners. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, across all organizational levels.
- Personal Characteristics – Collaborative & clarifying, humbly confident, creative problem solver, good judgment, self-directed, and highly-motivated.
Contract-to-hire. Base salary commensurate with experience. 20% commission on gross project profit. You will be targeting large projects with high commission potential.
Must be available to work out of our office in Minneapolis, MN. Local candidates only.
Beautiful co-working space in Uptown, Minneapolis. We are a driven yet very lifestyle-conscious company. Remote / work-from-home days are allowed as needed.
No direct reports at the moment, although we have plans to grow quickly and career advancements are definitely possible.
This is a contract-to-hire, full-time position with a company-matched 401K and other standard benefits (vacation & sick time, health/dental/vision insurance, etc.)
We will respond to the best candidates via email, then screen via a in-person or Skype interview, then ramp you up.
**NOTE: Personal emails or calls to the company will be ignored.**